I love wedding projects! Here is my DIY tutorial on a simple lace wedding necklace, choose a colored lace if you have a not-so-bridal occasion. This necklace is the one created for our Winter Inspiration photo shoot which was featured on the Style Me Pretty wedding blog.
1. Your supplies: scissors, lace (can be found at fabric store, usually at a bridal counter), thin necklace chain, thin jump rings (needs to just fit through your chain), wire cutters, pliers, needle and thread, jewelry clasp.
2. Cut fun shapes out of the lace and spread them out.
3. Play! Make different combinations to see what looks good. You can just lay it on the chain to help visualize.
4. Sew any pieces together to make your new shapes.
5. With your pliers, open the jump ring, put one end through your chain, the other end through your lace. Attach one side, put the chain around your neck holding up the necklace to see how long you’d like it. Cut the chain to desired length using the wire cutters. Once both sides are attached you can just find your center, and cut the chain.